Gunsmith Service and Shotgun Repairs
Arthur Branthwaite has been servicing and repairing shotguns and firearms for over 50 years. Arthur would be happy to give an estimate on any gunsmith-ing requirements some of our most common requests include:
- Full strip and clean
- Stock alterations including bend & cast, shortening and lengthening
- Stock re-finishing and re-chequering
- Replacement of firing pins and top lever, main and safety springs
- Refinish Stock / Forend (Oil Finish)
Gun proofing & safety – All shotguns are checked for Black Powder or Nitro Proof before any work is undertaken.
We recommend that you get your shotgun fully serviced at least every two years, but if it’s seen heavy use, or been used in inclement weather it’s always wise to have it checked more regularly by a professional gunsmith.
Tailored gun fitting sessions are available from Arthur Branthwaite who has over 50 years of experience in the gun trade
Examples of the work we undertake at A Branthwaite Gunsmiths
- Basic Service: Strip and clean action, lubrication, de-lead barrels, check ejectors (if fitted), reassemble & test.
- Full Service: Full strip & clean and examination of all individual parts, hand polish parts, precise lubrication, de-lead barrels, check ejectors and trigger pulls, reassembly & test.
- Re-joint action
- Raise dents in barrels and black
- Alter chokes (including honing if required)
- Make new springs/ strikers
Preventative maintenance is always better than waiting until a problem develops and always helps to maintain the value of your shotgun!
Gunsmithing Service Enquiry
To speak to us about our gunsmithing service please fill out the form below or give the showroom a call on 0161 485 1199.